Saturday 23 January 2016

Another building and the first figures painted for the year

In the days since my last post, I have been busy.

The first item I worked on was a smaller thatched building intended for use in the Crimean War, Napoleonoic Wars (with the express intent of using it with the Napoleonic Russians that will be done this year) and for the Great Northern War.

It is a simple structure that came together pretty quickly, largely because it was so hot here over the last weekend that the epoxy putty cured in half the time. Here are a few quick shots of the result.





Then on Wednesday my Foundry order arrived. The first unit for the year has been one of  Chasseurs d'Afrique that will have dual use; for the Crimean and Franco-Prussian Wars (and possibly the Franco-Austrian War of 1859 if I every get around to it).

 





5 comments:

  1. Mark, your building construction is unmatched. What a pleasant surprise to Chasseurs d'Afrique coming off your painting desk! I have a dozen of these same fellows (but in 15mm not 25mm) in my painting queue hoping to undergo the brush soon. Have always liked this uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan. I have always liked the Chasseurs d'Afrique. I did two units nearly thirty years ago, when Foundry first released them, but sold them in 1998. Painting these was like working with old friends again. I have just finished half a dozen French gun crewmen for the Crimean War, they are superb little figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foundry's Crimean war range is an excellent one, no doubt!

      Delete
  3. Great job Mark.
    The Crimean project is coming along nicely.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu, the project is really starting to pIck up steam now.

      Delete